Here is a go to vegan breakfast recipe that I love to help me get my greens and a bit of protein! It’s super easy and honestly who doesn’t love pancakes???
Non-dairy milk (I use soy)
It almost feels funny writing instructions because this is such a gloriously easy meal to make!
- To start get a medium mixing bowl and put in bisquick and protein powder in about a 4 to 1 ratio- so about a cup of bisquick plus a quarter cup of protein powder. You can alter this depending on how many people you’re feeding or how much leftovers you want.
- Mix those two ingredients together and set aside.
- In a blender, blend up about 3/4 cup soy milk (if you’re doing
the 1 cup + 1/4 cup of bisquick and protein powder) and about 3 big handfuls of spinach. Blend until completely smooth and liquefied. Again, these quantities and in “about” measurements because this is a super easy recipe to make by ear so to speak.
- Pour the spinach-milk in with the bisquick and protein a bit at a time until it becomes a good pancake consistency- still drips easily off of your chosen mixing utensil but is think enough it holds its shape for a moment when you stir it.
- Heat a non-stick pan or flat griddle to medium heat and pour circles of batter on to your desired size, flip once bubbles appear on the top.
- From there you can eat them with whatever sauces or toppings you like! I like to heat
up and mash some berries and mix with syrup for an easy fruit syrup.
This is a really easy way to sneak in some greens and protein, you don’t even taste the spinach I swear! And also, I don’t really know why the Bisquick box even calls for eggs, the consistency of the pancakes turns out completely normal without them! You can also customize this recipe however you want by adding in berries or anything you want, I hope you try it out one of these mornings!